Terms & Conditions
Terms of service
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- TERMS OF SERVICE
- PERMITTED AND PROHIBITED USE
- PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
- USER CONTENT
- PROHIBITED CONTENT
- OFFLINE CONDUCT
- INTERFERENCE WITH THE WEBSITE
- SUSPECTED VIOLATION; EQUITABLE RELIEF AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
- DATA AND CONTENT OWNERSHIP
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
- INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS
- HOW THE WEBSITE PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
- THE WEBSITE’S USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- USER’S OPTIONS
- FACEBOOK CONNECT
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- VISITING THE WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE SOUTH AFRICA
- YOUR SOUTH AFRICAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
- COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- PAYMENT METHODS
- SECURITY POLICY
- GODADDY SECURITY
- CONTACT US
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- “Company” means Plankton Tickets Proprietary Limited with registration number 2009 / 021479 /07 duly incorporated in accordance with the company laws of South Africa
- “Cookie/s” means small bits of text that are downloaded to your computer or other device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you and can then tailor what you see on the screen
- “Godaddy” means a website used to verify domain names and registration documents
- “PayU” and “PayGate” means a third party payment processor(s).
- “Prohibited Content” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 7
- “Terms” means the terms of service of this agreement
- “User” means any person who accesses and uses the Website for the purposes of purchasing or selling a ticket, or for any other purpose which the Website envisages
- “User Content” means any content contributed by the User to the Website
- “Website” means www.plankton.mobi
- “CP Payments” means card present payments
- “CNP Payments” means card not present payments
TERMS OF SERVICE
- The Company offers the Website according to these Terms of Service (“Terms”).
- By using or visiting the Website, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and to follow these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the Website.
- The Company and any of its parents and subsidiaries reserve the right to change these Terms at any time and without prior notice, effective immediately upon posting or using the Website.
PERMITTED AND PROHIBITED USE
- You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of this Website for your own personal use, and you agree not to duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise disPage 2 of 23 tribute the material on this Website for any purpose other than to review event and promotional information, for personal use, or to purchase tickets, cashless value, vouchers or merchandise, unless otherwise specifically authorised by the Website to do so.
- You also agree not to deep-link to the site for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by the Company to do so.
- The content and software on this Website is the property of the Company and/or its suppliers and is protected by South African and international copyright laws as per clause 12 below. The Company posts a legal notice and various credits on pages of the Website, which may not be removed.
- You are prohibited from removing this notice or these credits, or any additional information contained along with the notices and credits.
- These Terms give you a non-exclusive license to copy the Website for your own personal use only if you comply with all the terms and conditions set forth herein. Any violation of these Terms exceeds the scope of that license.
- No areas of this Website may be used by our visitors for any commercial purposes such as to conduct sales of tickets, cashless value, merchandise or services of any kind. You must obtain our prior written consent to make commercial offers of any kind, whether by advertising, solicitations, links, or any other form of communication. We will investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Website and barring such violators from use of the Website.
- You do not have permission to access the Website in any way that violates, directly or indirectly, these Terms of Service. Illegal or unauthorised use of the Website includes, but is not limited to, using the Website to facilitate illegal ticket sales, unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website, or unauthorised use of any robot, spider or other automated process on the Website.
It shall also be a violation of these Terms of Service
- for any individual (or group of individuals acting in concert) to request more than 1000 pages of the Website in any twenty-four hour period (hereafter referred to as “Abusive Use”);
- for any individual (or group of individuals acting in concert) to reload or “refresh” transactional event or ticketing pages, or make any other request to transactional servers, more than once during any three second interval; or
- to use any passcode or password, regardless of whether or not such password or passcode is unique, to participate in a pre-sale or other offer on the Website if you are not the original recipient of such passcode or password (i.e., if you did not receive the passcode or password from the Company, or from the fan club or other organisation with whom the Company is working to enable such pre-sale or offer) or if your participation in such pre-sale or other offer is inconsistent with such pre-sale’s or offer’s terms.
PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please review the Purchase Terms and Conditions, which will govern your order or purchase of any tickets through the Website.
- The purchase of tickets to entertainment events may be regulated by the Republic of South Africa’s laws and regulations.
- You acknowledge that complying with the law is your responsibility, and you agree not to hold us liable for your failure to comply with any law or our failure to notify you of, or properly apply, any law.
- We will comply with law enforcement and may provide them with all information you submit to us to assist in any investigation or prosecution they may conduct.
- You may be asked to provide information during various processes that you engage in on the Website. You represent and warrant that all information you provide, including but not limited to all information concerning your name, address, credit card number, and other identifying information of any nature will be true, complete and correct, and that you will update all information as it changes.
- You agree that you will only use credit cards belonging to you, friends or immediate family members who expressly authorise such use, for the purpose of purchasing tickets. You further agree that you will not attempt to conceal your identity by using multiple Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses or email addresses to use or to purchase tickets on the Website.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
Cancelled and Postponed Events:
- Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, band or venue. Should this occur, the Company will attempt to contact you to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that event.
- For instructions on any cancelled or postponed event, please check the event information online or contact the Company. The Company typically only offers refunds and/or exchanges based on the promoter's, team's or venue's instructions.
- In order to receive a refund or an exchange that may be offered, you will have to comply with the promoter's, team's or venue's instructions or deadlines, which, along with the decision about whether or not to issue a refund or an exchange, may be at the promoter's, team's or venue's discretion. This may vary depending on the owner or organiser of the event, and whether the event has been cancelled or postponed.
Refunds and Exchanges
- Refund policies are set forth by our clients, including venues, teams and theatres.
- In the event that a customer requires a refund, they are required to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request a Refund Form. Once a completed Refund Request form has been received the refund will be sent to the Event owner or organiser for approval. Upon approval, the Company will refund to the customer the face-value of the ticket less the Website’s facility fee, convenience fee or service fees.
- If a refund is issued, it will be issued using the same method of payment that was used to purchase the tickets. If a credit card was used to make the refunded purchase, then only that credit card used will receive the credit for the refund.
- It is the responsibility of the person requesting a refund to ensure his/her information is correct so that the Company can issue the refund via the payment method used to purchase the ticket/ s. The Company cannot be held liable for the use of incorrect information provided by the purchaser.
- Should the promoter, team or venue decide not to issue refunds for cancelled or postponed events, the Company cannot be held liable under any circumstances for the amount being claimed for the ticket/s.
- Cancelled and Postponed Events:
- From time to time, we may provide you with opportunities to contribute to the Website, which may include, but not be limited to, uploading your User profile, participating in chats, using bulletin boards, and providing ratings and reviews.
- Such contributions do not necessarily represent the view or opinions of the Company or the Website.
- The Company or the Website cannot preview User Content before it appears.
- The Website and the Company do not guarantee the accuracy, safety, completeness, or usefulness of any User Content, and do not adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any User Content or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein, and the Website expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with the User Content.
- When using the Website, you may choose to read or otherwise be exposed to User Content.
- The Website and the Company are not liable or responsible for the intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Content.
- You agree and acknowledge that such content may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against the Website and the Company with respect thereto as described more fully below, and agree to indemnify and hold the Website and the Company harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters relating to your use of the Website as described more fully below.
- Users can be held liable for any illegal or prohibited User Content they provide to the Website, including among other things, infringing, defamatory or offensive materials.
- If you discover this kind of material on the Website, please notify us at email@example.com. We will investigate your claim and may then take all actions we deem appropriate. You agree that you will not submit Prohibited Content as User Content.
Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, User Content that:
- Promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Could be harmful to minors;
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person or a group of persons;
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming;”
- Promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- Promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- Contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- Provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- Engages in commercial activities without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes; or
- Infringes the Website’s or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, rights of privacy or publicity or other proprietary or intellectual property rights of any nature
- Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, User Content that:
- Although the Website and the Company cannot monitor the conduct of Users off the Website, it is also a violation of these Terms to use any information obtained from this Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any Website User without their prior explicit consent.
INTERFERENCE WITH THE WEBSITE
- You agree that you will not use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website, purchase tickets on the Website or circumvent any security measures or systems used on the Website.
- You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website nor shall you attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- You agree that you will not access, reload or “refresh” transactional event or ticketing pages, or make any other request to transactional servers, more than once during any three second interval.
- You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content (except for your own personal, non-commercial use) from the Website without the prior, express written permission of the Website.
SUSPECTED VIOLATION; EQUITABLE RELIEF AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
You understand and agree that in the Company’s sole discretion, and without prior notice, the Company
may do the following:
- terminate and block your access to the Website or to the Company’s other services, cancel your ticket order and/or tickets acquired through your ticket order;
- refuse to honour pending and future ticket purchases made from all credit card accounts or online accounts the Company believes may be associated with you;
- cancel a ticket or ticket order associated with any person acting or believed to be acting in concert with you;
- remove any unauthorised User Content or exercise any other remedy available, if the Company believes that your conduct or the conduct of any person with whom the Company believes you act in concert, or the User Content you provide, or any resale of such tickets purchased through the Website, violates or is inconsistent with these Terms or the law, or violates the rights of the Company, a client of the Company or another User of the Website.
- Violating any limitations or terms on the Website, including but not limited to utilising automated means to process or place ticket orders or ordering a number of tickets that exceeds the stated limit will be deemed to be a violation of these Terms.
- If we are unable to verify or authenticate any information or tickets you provide during any registration, ordering, purchase, ticket posting, sale, authentication, delivery, payment or remittance process, or any other process, or if we are no longer able to verify or authorise your credit card or bank account information, your tickets may be cancelled, we may refuse to honour all pending and future ticket purchases made on such credit card accounts and/or on any online accounts associated with such credit card accounts, and you may be prohibited from using the Website.
- You agree that monetary damages may not provide a sufficient remedy to the Company for violations of these Terms and you consent to injunctive or other equitable relief for such violations.
- You agree that abusive use of the Website causes damage and harm to the Company in the form of, among other things, impaired goodwill, lost sales, and increased expenses associated with responding to abusive use of the Website. You further agree that monetary damages for abusive use of the Website are difficult to ascertain and that proof of monetary damages for abusive use would be costly and difficult to calculate.
- Accordingly, you agree that liquidated damages are warranted for abusive use. Therefore, you agree that if you, or others acting in concert with you, alone or collectively request more than 1,000 pages of the Website in any twenty four hour period, you, and those acting in concert with you, will be jointly and severally liable for liquidated damages in the amount of fifty cents (R0.50) per page request each time that a page request is made after that first 1000 during that twenty four hour period.
- You also agree that this will be the measure of damages for any abusive use that occurred prior to this provision of these Terms of Service being in effect.
- The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or discontinue any part of this Website at any time, with or without notice to you.
- The Company also reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to impose limits on certain features and services and to restrict access to any part or to all of the Website without notice to you.
- The Company shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claim or cause of action arising out of our exercise of the foregoing rights.
- You understand and agree that in the Company’s sole discretion, and without prior notice, the Company may do the following:
DATA AND CONTENT OWNERSHIP
- The Company owns intellectual property rights to any protectable part of the Website, including but not limited to the design, artwork, functionality, and documentation.
- You may not copy, modify, or reverse engineer any part of the service owned by the Company.
- You have a non-exclusive, limited, revocable license to visit and use the Website while you are in compliance with the Terms of Service, Purchase Terms and Conditions, and all other conditions and limitations described for use of the Website.
- Nothing in this license, or in the Website, shall be construed as granting you any other rights or privileges of any kind with respect to the Website or any content on the site.
- Any documents, messages, graphics, images, files, data and other information User Content posted on the Website by you shall remain your sole and exclusive property.
- In order to operate the Website, the Company requires the right to make certain uses of your publiclyposted User Content. Therefore, when you post User Content on the Website, you agree to grant the Company (and its affiliates and sublicensees) an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable, non-exclusive license to copy, distribute, sell, publicly display, publicly perform and make derivative works of your User Content on the Website, on services affiliate with the Website and elsewhere (including but not limited to print, video, audio or computer media), regardless of the form of media used or of whether such media or services now exist or are developed in the future.
- By posting User Content to the Website, you hereby represent and warrant that you have the right to post that User Content and to grant the foregoing rights to the Company (and its affiliates and sublicensees).
Ownership of Copyright
- The copyright in the Website and the material on the Website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on the Website) is owned by the Company and our licensors.
- Proprietary rights, including without limitation, the trade marks, copyright and patent rights, in the Company’s computer systems and the content thereof belong to the Company and its licensors, including in the compilations, collective works and derivative works created incorporating the content of our Users.
- The individual content you may submit to our computer systems will remain your property, but you grant the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable and royalty-free license to use such content free from any restriction and on the basis as if we were the owners thereof, including by modifying, reproducing, compiling, publishing, publicly performing, distributing, broadcasting and promoting it.
The Company grants you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable licence to:
- View the Website and the material on the Website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- Copy and store the Website and the material on the Website in your web browser cache memory; and
- Print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- The Company does not grant you any other rights in relation to the Website or the material on the Website.
- All other rights in this regard are expressly reserved.
- The Company grants you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable licence to:
- You may not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public the Website or the material on the Website, in any form or media, without the Company’s express prior written permission.
- You may request permission to use the copyright materials on the Website by contacting the Company via our contact details on the Website.
Enforcement of Copyright
- The Company reserves the right to terminate the privileges of any User who uses this Website to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license, express consent, valid defence or fair use exemption to do so.
- After proper notification by the copyright holder or its agent to the Company, and confirmation through court order or admission by the User that they have used the Website as an instrument of unlawful infringement, we will terminate the infringing Users’ rights to use and/or access to the Website.
- The Company may, also in its sole discretion, decide to terminate a User’s rights to use or access to the Website prior to that time if we believe that an alleged infringement has occurred.
- If you are a copyright owner or an agent of a copyright owner, and you believe that any content on this Website infringes your copyrights, we invite you to report this by providing the Company with written notice thereof with comprehensive information of the alleged infringement.
- Ownership of Copyright
- The Company does not promise that the Website will be error-free, uninterrupted, or that it will provide specific results from use of the Website or any content, search or link on it.
- The Website and its content are delivered on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis.
- The Company cannot ensure that any files you download from the Website will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features.
- The Company disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including also any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Company will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the Website, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, or punitive and consequential damages.
- The Company makes no guarantee of the availability of any tickets or of any specific result from use of the Website or use of the Website’s service.
- The Company disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third party users, Users, advertisers and/or sponsors on the Website, in connection with the Website service or otherwise related to your use of the Website and/or the plankton service.
- The Company is not liable for any lost data resulting from the operation of the Website or the enforcement of the terms. The Company is not responsible for the products, services, actions or failure to act of any venue, performer, promoter or other third party in connection with any activity at the venue.
- Without limiting the foregoing, you may report the misconduct of Users and/or third party advertisers, service and/or product providers referenced on or included in the Website to the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company may investigate the claim and take appropriate action, in its sole discretion.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
- Under no circumstances will the Company be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, or for travel expenses, lost profits, revenues or business opportunities, even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Under no circumstances is the Company liable in the event of theft or fraud against a User of the Website while making use of the Website’s services, including purchasing tickets on the Website.
- If you have a dispute and your dispute involves an event, or a ticket for an event, that is located in the Republic of South Africa, then the dispute will be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- You hereby consent to bring all actions arising from these Terms and Conditions in the Magistrates’ Court in the Republic of South Africa in the applicable jurisdiction.
- You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and its affiliates, and each of the Website’s and its affiliates respective offices, agents, employees, contractors and principals, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including any attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Website, including also your use of the Website to provide a link to another site or to upload content or other information to the Website.
- If a dispute arises and the Company has to institute action against a third party then the third party will be liable for all legal fees on an attorney and own client scale and accepts that he/she hereby waives the right to taxation of legal fees.
- The Company strives to deliver products and services with fairness and clarity and to protect your privacy.
- Protecting your personal information is very important to the Company, and the Company respects your privacy.
- This privacy clause applies to all Users of the Website or our services, and to any information provided to us.
- By using the Website, you are accepting the practices the Website describe here.
INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS
When you visit the Website, you provide us with two types of information:
- Personal information that identifies you, such as your name and email address, and
- Non-personal information, such as your IP address and browser type, that does not identify you personally, but gives us information about your computer and about your activities on our site. This information includes your IP address, your browser type, the date and time you access the site, and the website that referred you to our site.
- The Website collects and stores information from your computer using Cookies. Cookies will be used to save your email address and name so the next time you visit your account on the Website from the same computer the Website will have a record and will remember your email address and name to make your experience faster and simpler. The Website’s Cookies Policy is explained in more detail in clause 28 below.
- The Website may also use web beacons which track your use of the Website to provide you with more useful information and a more personalised experience the next time you use the Website.
- The Website will from time to time collect financial information from the User if the User buys or sells a ticket through the Website.
- The Website may ask the User some personal questions to know how to serve the User better. The User does not have to answer these questions.
- The Website may receive information about the User from third parties such as updated delivery and address information, purchase history and additional demographic information, and the Website may allow third parties to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as Cookies or web beacons, to collect information about people who view or interact with their advertisements on the Website. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and judge their effectiveness. The Website does not provide any personal information about the User to these third parties.
- When you visit the Website, you provide us with two types of information:
HOW THE WEBSITE PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
- The Company is legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. The Company and the Website will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review the security controls and related processes to ensure that all User’s personal information is secure.
- The Website takes appropriate security measures to help safeguard this information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
- The Website encrypts credit card numbers and other sensitive information before it is sent from your computer to the Website.
- The Website uses firewalls to help prevent unauthorised access to your personal information.
- While the Website undertakes to take precautions to ensure security of Users’ personal information, the Website and the Company cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorised personnel gain access to personal information despite the Website’s best efforts. If Users’ personal information is accessed by means beyond the Website or Company’s control, the Website and the Company cannot accept liability for that information having been accessed.
THE WEBSITE’S USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The Website may use information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- To process payment for purchases you make;
- To deliver the tickets, products and services you request;
- To enrol you in programs in which you choose to participate;
- To manage your account and provide you with customer service;
- To perform research and analyse your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content (or products, services or content offered by others on the Website);
- To communicate with you by e-mail, regular mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our affiliated companies or other third parties;
- To help the Website develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Website and other websites;
- To verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- To protect against or identify fraudulent transactions;
- To generally manage our business; and
- To perform other functions, which the Website will describe to you at the time we collect the information.
- The Website may share your non-personal information in any of the above circumstances.
- The Website may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for general business analysis purposes. This information does not contain any personal information.
- The Website may use information that we collect about you in the following ways:
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- In using the Website, your information will travel through third party infrastructures which are not under our control. You should always take great care in handling and disclosing your personal information.
- Third parties have their own privacy policies that govern their use of your information.
- These third-party websites may independently solicit and collect information, including personal information, from the Website’s Users.
- Third parties will have their own privacy policies describing how they use and disclose your personal information which will govern the use, handling and disclosure of your personal information once you or the Website have shared it with those third parties
- When the Website or the Company contracts with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
- You, as the User, can choose not to provide the Website with certain information. However, that may result in your not being able to use certain features of the Website because such information may be required in order to use those features.
- At any time, Users can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from the Website by managing your email alerts. You may modify your choices at any time.
- In every commercial email sent to Users by the Website, the User will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving such messages in the future by unsubscribing from the list. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. Even if you have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from us, the Website may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include, but are not limited to, customer service communications and announcements, purchase notifications and confirmations, administrative notices, and surveys.
- If you have an account with the Website, you may close your account at any time by contacting the Website’s customer service at email@example.com. If you close your account, you will not be able to sign in to your account or access any of your personal information. If you close your account, the Website still retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and record keeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, enforce our terms and conditions, take actions we think are necessary to protect the integrity of the Website or to protect our Users, or take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
- Please note that if we have already provided information about you to third or if you have given information to a third party, retention of that information will be subject to those third parties’ policies. If you receive an unwanted email from a third party, you’ll have to opt-out from receiving further emails from that party itself.
- The Website offers Facebook users the opportunity to interact with friends and to share on Facebook using Facebook Connect.
- If you are logged into both the Website and Facebook, when you use the Website’s Facebook connection functions, the Website will link your Facebook account with your Website account if the email addresses match. If the email addresses do not match, we ask you if you want to link them and you must validate that you control the accounts.
- If you are logged into the Website but not logged into Facebook, when you use the Website’s Facebook connection functions, you will be prompted to enter your Facebook credentials or to sign up for Facebook.
- If you are not currently registered as a User and you use the Website’s Facebook connection functions, you will first be asked to enter your Facebook credentials and then be given the option to register and join the Website.
- Once you register with Website and connect with Facebook, you will be able to automatically post recent Website activity back to your Facebook wall.
- Please refer to the privacy settings in your Facebook account to manage the performance of your Facebook account.
- The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13, and the Website does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
- Children aged 13 or older should not submit any personal information without the permission of their parents or guardians.
- By using the Website, you are representing that you are 18 years or older, or that you are at least 13 years old and have your parents’ permission to use the Website.
VISITING THE WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE SOUTH AFRICA
- If you are visiting the Website from outside South Africa, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in South Africa where the Website’s servers are located, and its central database is operated. South African data protection and other laws may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we take the necessary and available steps to ensure that your privacy is protected.
YOUR SOUTH AFRICAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
- If you are a South African resident, you have the right to request information about how the Website shares certain categories of personal information with third parties.
You have the right to send the Website a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- The categories of information the Website disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of the third parties that received that information;
- If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed;
- A copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- The Website may provide this information in a standard format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Website will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
- Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
- You have the right to request the Website updates, corrects or deletes your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- Our Cookie Consent Tool tells you which companies use which type of Cookies. We have summarised the Cookie types into the following three categories:
- To provide you with the service you have asked for (essential Cookies) For example when you buy tickets, Cookies make sure they are still in your shopping basket when you get to the checkout.
- To show adverts that are more relevant to your interests (advertising Cookies)
- To analyse and improve your browsing experience (analytics and customisation Cookies) The Website uses these Cookies to customise your visits to the site, for example to remember choices you make such as your language or region.
Using Browser Settings to Manage Cookies
- In addition to the Website’s Cookie Consent Tool, most browsers will enable you to manage your Cookies preferences such as having the browser notify you when you receive a new Cookie or use it to disable Cookies altogether. If you do decide to disable or delete them altogether some websites will not work as efficiently as they rely on Cookies to provide you with the service you have requested.
- The Website strives to deliver a variety of payment methods and as the Website is develops we will update this.
CP (Card present) Payments
- The Website uses PayU and PayGate to process all CP payments.
- All CP transactions in question are encrypted using 256bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
- The Website’s registration documents and domain(s) are verified by Godaddy, giving all parties concerned protection against identity theft in pursuit of confidential information.
- All security measures implemented by the Website PayGate and PayU comply with leading standards and the payment processors are continually reviewing and adjusting the Website’s security profile to keep aligned with these standards.
- Our customer portal provides safe secure credit card transactions.
- We accept Visa™ | MasterCard® | American Express™ | Diners™ | Union Pay™.
CNP (Card not present) Payments
- The Website uses third party payment processor(s) (PayU & PayGate) to process all CNP payments. All transactions in question are encrypted using 256bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Alternative methods include PayU Wallet, Cell Pay, Discovery Miles, MasterPass, Paypal, PaySum1, SID Instant EFT, SCode, Zapper, Snapscan & eWallet.
- The Website will not be held liable for monies lost as a result of incorrect information inserted by the person making the payment using any of the payment methods.
- The Website further does not accept liability in the event of theft and fraud or any error in payment whatsoever.
- It is the duty of the individual making payment via one of the aforementioned methods to ensure that all the information is inserted correctly when making payment via the Website PayGate or PayU.
PayU and PayGate Security
- PayU and PayGate processes all CP and CNP transactions on behalf of the Website the security of which is described in clause 29. above.
- The Website’s customer portal provides safe secure credit card transactions.
- The Website uses Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this system and it is the highest level of encryption currently available.
- 3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions.
- All sensitive information is encrypted within the Website’s own database.
- The Website is required to run penetration testing on our system every three months, however the Website does so on a weekly basis to look for vulnerabilities and to ensure the utmost protection.
- The entire Website is served off secure servers, making it harder to perpetrate phishing attacks.
- The Website also has an excellent monitoring system that does, among other things: GEO IP tracking, velocity testing, BIN/IIN validation and checks against online databases.
3D Secure Payments (Verified by Visa and MasterCard) Security
- 3D Secure is an extra layer of security in place when Users use their credit card for online transactions.
- For online transactions the User will be asked to enter a 3D Secure password which is called Verified by Visa and MasterCard and SecureCode by the respective credit card companies.
- You have to register for 3D Secure with your card issuing bank and the service can be set up either as a password of your choice or a one-time-password that will be sent to you by email or SMS.
- Please contact your bank for information on how to set up 3D Secure service if you have not already done so.
- The TRUSTe program does not cover information that may be collected through downloadable software.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding anything contained in these Terms and Conditions, relating to any aspect thereof including the Privacy and Security Policies, please contact the Company by e-mail or post at the following address:
Plankton.mobi Head Office - 1st Level
141 Lynnwood Road, The Willow 340-JR, Pretoria, 0081
Tel: +27 (87) 720 1036